Establishing quality KPIs in manufacturing for Utah companies is crucial to your success. Without an effective way to track and measure progress, it’s difficult to know what’s working and what’s holding you back. KPI training from iMpact Utah can help you determine which areas to focus on so you are better able to reach your goals.
Why Do I Need KPI Training?
There are several reasons to enroll in KPI training in Utah, and they’re not just for management. Employees at all levels can learn to set goals with measurable and relevant steps.
- Monitor Company Health – KPI metrics can help you examine the health of all areas of your company, as well as who is responsible for tracking and improving these areas.
- Solve Problems & Seek Out Opportunities – Identify an area that needs improvement and choose KPIs that affect outcomes in this area.
- Measure Progress Over Time – Not only can you reach short-term goals when you measure KPIs, but you can keep track of long-term progress for larger projects.
- Make Adjustments & Stay on Course – Follow leading indicators as you go and adjust when needed in order to continue on the right path.
- Analyze Patterns Over Time – Watching the same KPIs each quarter can help you find patterns throughout the year, which can influence goals for the following year.
Quality KPIs in Manufacturing in Utah
In order to grow your business, you need to know what kinds of quality KPIs to monitor. Some of the areas you can choose to focus on include the following:
- Actual Goods – Measure the actual salable goods after those with flawed parts have been thrown out. Look for ways to save on raw materials and get it right the first time.
- Availability % – Look at the number of machines you have and the actual time they are available for use, not the theoretical amount of time you hoped to spend on production.
- Performance % – Know how your machinery works and what the actual production capability is versus the perceived capability.
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) – Know the overall efficiency of your production floor and how its individual parts can be improved or upgraded for maximum quality production.
- Quality % – What amount of goods produced are top-quality and ready for the consumer? What amount is wasted because of mistakes?
- Behind Plan % – How often does production fall behind? How can this be reduced or prevented? What is the plan of action for catching up and meeting goals?
- Downtime – Take note of the times when production stops due to shift changes, etc. Can this be reduced, and how does it affect outcomes?
- Throughput – This is simply tracking the number of items produced and comparing these numbers over time. This gives you a realistic idea of achievable goals and tracks progress.
Contact iMPact Utah for KPI Training in Utah
Ready to take the next step? Our experts here at iMpact Utah will help teach you more about quality KPIs in manufacturing and train you on how to set them. We’re here to help your business grow! Contact us to schedule a training today.